Week 2
Oh dear. Well I have had an interesting week in theater. Its definitely hard not to compare yourself to to others. Everyone in the class is very talented an it has become very intimidating in class because they are all good, but at different things! I think I will just try to work hard and do my best.
I learned this week that you need to know who you are talking to. You tell things differently to different people so you need to know who you are talking to and why you need them to listen. What do you need THEM to feel? As I saw other actors workshop this I saw them step outside of themselves. It made the scene very active and much more interesting to watch. I saw them trying to overcome a large obstacle and it made their monologue more interesting. For my piece I am talking to my friend, but she is only one of the two people that still love and talk to me so what I am saying to her is very important and I need to make sure that I can say it in a way that she will understand and so she will still love me.
Relaxing is so important when performing. When an actor is relaxed words come out so naturally. Nothing is forced and it is so easy to listen to. When actresses are relaxed it also allowed the outer limbs to not look as odd and to have them work naturally. I think that also being relaxed allows you to fall into character better and for people to actually believe that you are who you are playing.
When working with body movement I have found it is important to be motivated in all you do. Make sure that my elbows are not touching my sides otherwise it makes you look weak as a character or just odd in general. Make specific movements that only your character would had so you can transform into the easier, show a cool change to the audience, and so your movement can be motivated. Keeping grounded is very important. If you aren't grounded it makes you look weak and it distracts the audience from what you are doing.
There was also a comedic scene done about being bipolar. It was interesting to see how the comedy of the scene was not found in the craziness or the obesity. But it was in the purpose of the woman to make people think she was sane when she obviously wasn't. I thought that point of view was very important for when I do a comedic scene.
I was also introduced to how to use the space but to make sure that what you used the space really moved forward the dialogue.
I am really excited and scared to perform. I have alot of work to do and I need to get my motivations set so I have an active goal, with active tactics to achieve them.
I learned this week that you need to know who you are talking to. You tell things differently to different people so you need to know who you are talking to and why you need them to listen. What do you need THEM to feel? As I saw other actors workshop this I saw them step outside of themselves. It made the scene very active and much more interesting to watch. I saw them trying to overcome a large obstacle and it made their monologue more interesting. For my piece I am talking to my friend, but she is only one of the two people that still love and talk to me so what I am saying to her is very important and I need to make sure that I can say it in a way that she will understand and so she will still love me.
Relaxing is so important when performing. When an actor is relaxed words come out so naturally. Nothing is forced and it is so easy to listen to. When actresses are relaxed it also allowed the outer limbs to not look as odd and to have them work naturally. I think that also being relaxed allows you to fall into character better and for people to actually believe that you are who you are playing.
When working with body movement I have found it is important to be motivated in all you do. Make sure that my elbows are not touching my sides otherwise it makes you look weak as a character or just odd in general. Make specific movements that only your character would had so you can transform into the easier, show a cool change to the audience, and so your movement can be motivated. Keeping grounded is very important. If you aren't grounded it makes you look weak and it distracts the audience from what you are doing.
There was also a comedic scene done about being bipolar. It was interesting to see how the comedy of the scene was not found in the craziness or the obesity. But it was in the purpose of the woman to make people think she was sane when she obviously wasn't. I thought that point of view was very important for when I do a comedic scene.
I was also introduced to how to use the space but to make sure that what you used the space really moved forward the dialogue.
I am really excited and scared to perform. I have alot of work to do and I need to get my motivations set so I have an active goal, with active tactics to achieve them.
Comments
Post a Comment