Week 4

Learning about auditions was hugely beneficial to me this past week. The resume was something I had idea about but I like looking at physical examples of them. You should be able to fit all your experience on page and then staple a picture as big as the page to the back (staple all 4 corners). Make sure that experience is relevant and well ordered under specific titles.
I am also pretty nervous about doing my second monologue this week. It took a long time to find something I thought was good so I am feeling pretty unprepared, memorization wise. But the book I found Women on Fire is a fantastic monologue book and I think I might buy it. Within my monologue it has been hard to convey what I want. It isn't revealed till the end, so I think that  I will have to really show it then, so people can know my goals in my piece. I have to make sure to have specific tactics to achieve those goals so that people watching will remain engaged as I am trying to reveal what I want.
I have also loved how much feedback we get for our pieces. In high school I never really had such an organized way to do that. We would be sent off into groups to critique but I feel like having the whole class there is actually amazing and I know they wont lead me astray and they will give me nice feedback. I like hearing the specific things I need to work on and having them all around the room gives them each a different visual perspective, so when they give me movement suggestions I am all to happy to oblige.
Also auditions were this week. I am sad I didn't audition but I will only be here the semester so I didn't want to waste the time of the department. But when I come back to SUU I definitely want to audition and get involved in shows. I have learned so much from seeing my friends audition and I know that I will be able to do what they did right later.
Today a girl didn't finish her monologue in class today. I have done that once before and now I am nervous to go on Friday, but I know that I will try to prepare as best I can and I think memorization is coming together slowly but surely.
As people have started their second monologues I have seen LOTS of growth. They have specific focuses now and for my monologue I have two focal points (which is something I have never done before). So I want to do what the others are doing in making sure that that focal point is constant and that I behave differently toward each person I'm talking to. (They are different people after all).
Basically I love all the growth I think I am receiving in this class. It's changing how I view things and I am inspired to change my craft to be better. Ill keep trying!

Comments