Week 10
In class we have talked quite a bit about putting together our head shot and resume's. I am a little overwhelmed because I have made my audition paper wrong in the past and I don't have a professionally completed head-shot. But, I will do the best that I can.
For head-shot I learned that you should make up about 80 percent of the photo. Your picture should also be from the shoulder up and you should follow the rule of 3rds. Which means that the human eye naturally looks at what is in the the center of a 3rd of the picture. So, that should be your most defining feature or most attractive feature. I also am not sure how exactly to explain that to someone taking my picture so I will probably ask where to go get pictures from class members or upper class men. The picture should also be 8 by 10 and it should be stapled on the back of the resume. A white boarder around your picture makes it look completed and your name should be in the bottom right corner in black easy to read font. I think that this really makes a picture pop to have the boarder and it brings another aspect of professionalism that I think that lots of directors would really appreciate.
I thought that it was really interesting that it doesn't matter what you wear or how much make-up you have on. It all depends on how you want to present yourself. So I thought how do I want to present myself and I went for an average day make-up look with some nude lipstick. It makes me seem casual and professional. I also thought that having a smiling picture and a straight faced picture would be great to have so you can send in a different head-shot depending on whether you are doing a musical (usually smiling) or straight play (usually straight faced).
I am kind of freaked out about getting pictures and putting all these things together, but I know that I will be seriously grateful in the future. I think that it will be a pretty good first try and I can refine it as time goes on.
For the resume I was a little overloaded with what should be on the page. Obviously your name, email, and phone are in credibly important so that you can be contacted. Your hair, eyes, height, and weight seemed pretty standard as well. Except the fact that your weight should be what you look like and not what you actually weigh. That was news to me. I didn't know that you should put your vocal rang on there. I thought that you would show your range by going to singing callbacks. I feel like you might lose an opportunity for a part if you set your vocal range in a smaller area.
For the body of the resume we were told to do 3 areas: Theater (so the shows you were in), education (the classes of theater/dance/and voice), and special skills. Theater I can fill with the shows I did in community theater and through my high school the past years. Education wise I have been able to work with many well choreographers, I have taken theater classes, various dance classes, and I have had the opportunity to take some voice lessons over the years. I also might add in some special accomplishments I have be able to take part in over the years. But, the one category I fear is special skills. Honestly, I don't really have any special skills... I can play the piano and could probably learn a song for a show, but I can't just sit down and sight read. I mean, I can put down that I can do a cartwheel, but that might seem lame. I have been thinking and thinking and I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS AAAHHHHH! I guess I will find something by the end of this week. I hope that my audition head-shot and resume will be acceptable....
For head-shot I learned that you should make up about 80 percent of the photo. Your picture should also be from the shoulder up and you should follow the rule of 3rds. Which means that the human eye naturally looks at what is in the the center of a 3rd of the picture. So, that should be your most defining feature or most attractive feature. I also am not sure how exactly to explain that to someone taking my picture so I will probably ask where to go get pictures from class members or upper class men. The picture should also be 8 by 10 and it should be stapled on the back of the resume. A white boarder around your picture makes it look completed and your name should be in the bottom right corner in black easy to read font. I think that this really makes a picture pop to have the boarder and it brings another aspect of professionalism that I think that lots of directors would really appreciate.
I thought that it was really interesting that it doesn't matter what you wear or how much make-up you have on. It all depends on how you want to present yourself. So I thought how do I want to present myself and I went for an average day make-up look with some nude lipstick. It makes me seem casual and professional. I also thought that having a smiling picture and a straight faced picture would be great to have so you can send in a different head-shot depending on whether you are doing a musical (usually smiling) or straight play (usually straight faced).
I am kind of freaked out about getting pictures and putting all these things together, but I know that I will be seriously grateful in the future. I think that it will be a pretty good first try and I can refine it as time goes on.
For the resume I was a little overloaded with what should be on the page. Obviously your name, email, and phone are in credibly important so that you can be contacted. Your hair, eyes, height, and weight seemed pretty standard as well. Except the fact that your weight should be what you look like and not what you actually weigh. That was news to me. I didn't know that you should put your vocal rang on there. I thought that you would show your range by going to singing callbacks. I feel like you might lose an opportunity for a part if you set your vocal range in a smaller area.
For the body of the resume we were told to do 3 areas: Theater (so the shows you were in), education (the classes of theater/dance/and voice), and special skills. Theater I can fill with the shows I did in community theater and through my high school the past years. Education wise I have been able to work with many well choreographers, I have taken theater classes, various dance classes, and I have had the opportunity to take some voice lessons over the years. I also might add in some special accomplishments I have be able to take part in over the years. But, the one category I fear is special skills. Honestly, I don't really have any special skills... I can play the piano and could probably learn a song for a show, but I can't just sit down and sight read. I mean, I can put down that I can do a cartwheel, but that might seem lame. I have been thinking and thinking and I AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS AAAHHHHH! I guess I will find something by the end of this week. I hope that my audition head-shot and resume will be acceptable....
Comments
Post a Comment