Week 7

So learned quite a bit about what can be achieved if you have proper body alignment that allows air to flow freely. You can start to train to get 4 things: Strength stamina, dexterity and coordination, physical dynamics, and specific movement skills. So for strength stamina you need to be able to do the physical movement you choose for a whole show. If you make sure you are aligned then you will be able to hold your physical movements. For dexterity and coordination it mean that you need to have an awareness of surroundings and your relationship to them. Basically you need to make sure that you aren't clumsy and that you know where your going and why you would go there. For physical dynamics it means that you should be a physical force in action or ready to respond to anything. I think that having this mindset would keep the scene fresh and always active. Its the audiences first time seeing it so if you are trying to always listen and be ready to respond it will keep energy up and the audience will probably want to watch you more. The finally you can start working on specific movement skills. This means that you can start making mannerisms for your character and getting your movement very specific and natural. I love doing this I love making each character very new. I think it adds color and when you are able to make it very specific the audience will be able to identify you easier and really enjoy your character.
Also in class I was able to learn about the Alexander technique. I have heard of it before but I have never really understood it. It is made to reorganize tension with alignment of the body. So you are like a relaxed cat that is always ready to pounce. With this technique it means that your organs are balanced. I have taken a few medical classes so I know that there is a great benefit if you are able to keep a good alignment that keep your organs in the right place. This promotes deep resonance you will will sound niiiccceee. Clear speech which is always such a great benefit for the audience. Coordination which makes my movements look normal and clear. It also makes you have a relaxed breath. Honestly this technique sounds pretty great. This allows you to have so much freedom and not  destroy your body. So that's a pretty good deal.
As I also continued working on finding a scene I found it to be pretty difficult. I was trying to find something with two women and that is not a huge thing it seems like in the theater world. But I was able to find s book with multiple women shows in it and me and Krissy found a dramatic one and a more comedic one. We chose the more comedic one and I am a little worried for it. Its a fun concept but I am having a hard time finding variations in my character. I might have to find very specific tactics to use with each line. I am super excited to have this scene but i just want to do it well. I am going to have to work seriously hard to make this scene good.

Comments