Week 8

So I learned more about Rudolph Laban technique! Yay! It's pretty darn cool so I was excited when we were able to make a graph for it. so with each technique it contains 3 things: Exertion, space, and time. So exertion is like how much energy is used. It is measured in either strong or light. For space I thing of it being how you get to a place. So you can either take the squiggly long way or a way that goes straight to wherever your going. This term is defined in the grid as a curved or straight. Time is measured in 2 ways as well so its either like burst of fast things or it moves at a constant rate. The terms for time are pulsing or steady. Down the other side of the grid are actions so: slashing, pressing, wringing, punching, gliding,flicking, dabbing, and floating. We used this grid in class and it adds a lot of diversity to your acting. It really is another way to think of movement in general or specific movement for your character.
I also learned about voice and body integration. This is super important because as performers you talk and move on stage so YOU NEED TO KNOW HOW TO INTEGRATE THESE THINGS TOGETHER. It ends up that coordination is the integration of the voice and body. So pointing is one way to achieve coordination. This means that you bring text to physical action or gesturing while talking basically. It like if I pointed at a door and said go get it instead of just saying go get it and having no action associated with it. Another way  to achieve coordination is through tempo. So this one is kind of confusing because there is no right or wrong, but it is like the internal pressure within your character (how much things are building inside). Knowing your backstory or knowing what is important to your character and upping the steaks in your scene can build a really nice tempo inside of your character. The audience will really be able to feel it. The last thing to do to achieve coordination is rhythm. This is the external world of tempo. So its how fast you say your lines or physically move things like when you are stressed you may talk faster to show how upset you are. So this last week I was able to perform my monologue and I really learned how much I should be in character so that whatever happens I can keep my cool. When I performed I was in the middle of my monologue and someone opened the door to come in. I was pretty surprised and it make me lose who I was talking to ans where they were located. I should have kept my focus and kept going. I also didn't have my goal in my head the first half so it felt a little empty. I think that I should have prepared myself before class a little more and just calmed myself down as well as read over my GOTE sheet. It wasn't my best performance but I will tried to be more prepare this next time.
I also loved how everyone has grown in the class and I hope that I am growing like they are. We have become more comfortable and I really like everyone!

Comments