Week 11
So me and Krissy performed our final scene this week. I didn't really feel super prepared for it to be honest and I think that it reflected in my work. It felt a little weird while we were doing it, but I did feel like that there were some super great moments that we performed. I know I have a problem trying to drop my voice into that natural area and because of the Thanksgiving break I felt like my voice during the scene was very unnatural so it didn't match my natural based actions. I need to find a way to find that place within me. That is why Dramatic works are so hard for me, but I think if I can just find a system to get my voice resonating in the right spot before I start then I will be ok. I think that I will try to sign up for a voice and diction class. I think that class will help me find a way to make my voice sound so natural in dramatic scenes. I even watched a video of how this movie actor drops his voice before they shoot and he hums and uses his diaphragm to make some strong sounds, so maybe I will try that.
I also got a note on diction and loudness. I need to make sure that I don't explode too much otherwise it loses the tension. The teapot thing is a little difficult to understand, but I have watched my fellow students and so I understand what it is but I know that it will just have to be practice that fixes it. I am so upset that I got a note on diction! I am normally so conscious about that type of stuff, maybe because I felt a little unprepared that it effected my performance and it got a little slurry. But, now for the audition I will try to make sure that all my words are crisp and if I have to spit so be it!
As the scenes went on I also learned about pacing. Even though your scene is dramatic you have to keep up pacing to keep the audience engaged. I also saw how clear everyone's tactics have gotten and when you and your scene partner have conflicting goals that it makes your scene very interesting.
I also loved what Mallory did with her character. I think that it is very difficult to play women who are older than your current age. People younger than you are easy to imitate because you have lived though that part of your life already. But, she had to be a head nun and had to find a balance between being too old and being to young and I think that she found a character who was the right age and who was very different than she was and it made it very entertaining to watch.
I am a little nervous for the audition unit of our class. I know that we have worked on these monologues before, but I don't consider myself a great audition-er. But, I guess that practice will help me be better and more comfortable.
I also got a note on diction and loudness. I need to make sure that I don't explode too much otherwise it loses the tension. The teapot thing is a little difficult to understand, but I have watched my fellow students and so I understand what it is but I know that it will just have to be practice that fixes it. I am so upset that I got a note on diction! I am normally so conscious about that type of stuff, maybe because I felt a little unprepared that it effected my performance and it got a little slurry. But, now for the audition I will try to make sure that all my words are crisp and if I have to spit so be it!
As the scenes went on I also learned about pacing. Even though your scene is dramatic you have to keep up pacing to keep the audience engaged. I also saw how clear everyone's tactics have gotten and when you and your scene partner have conflicting goals that it makes your scene very interesting.
I also loved what Mallory did with her character. I think that it is very difficult to play women who are older than your current age. People younger than you are easy to imitate because you have lived though that part of your life already. But, she had to be a head nun and had to find a balance between being too old and being to young and I think that she found a character who was the right age and who was very different than she was and it made it very entertaining to watch.
I am a little nervous for the audition unit of our class. I know that we have worked on these monologues before, but I don't consider myself a great audition-er. But, I guess that practice will help me be better and more comfortable.
Comments
Post a Comment