Week 12
This week was pretty stressful . So I performed my monolouge in class on Monday when I thought that I was supposed to go Wednesday. I misunderstood something said in class so when I went Monday I felt so under prepared. I had studied my pieces a bit over the weekend but I mostly studied for my Monday test in another class. So when I performed I was happy that I remembered all the words. My first piece from The Gingerbread Lady honestly didn't go to well. I felt like my breath wasn't supported very well and my diction was horrible. I did get my voice into a natural spot though and I was pretty happy about that. But I definitely got notes on the breathiness and diction of my voice. I think for the final I really want to showcase this piece. It's very difficult but if I just make my tactics very specific and get on voice I think I could really make it effective and very contrasting to my other piece. I also recieved the note that I shouldn't scrunch up my face in this first piece so I will have to run this piece in a mirror for a while so that I can make sure to fix that element of my performance.
I felt like my second piece went better than the first. It is probably because it has been done more recently than the other, but it still wasn't the quality that I wanted it to be. I felt like my voice wasn't in a natural spot in the beginning and my actions looked pretty rehearsed. My focal point was also missing in the beginning because I was so stressed, ut, as I continued in my piece I found better comedic timing, I felt like my voice had dropped in a natural sounding area, and I just felt more comfortable which also made my performance better. I think that I just need to be relaxed and confident with my performance and then they can really shine.
I have learned from this that I need to make sure that I am prepared. I don't ever want to go into something not feeling like I have done all I could do to make it the best that it could possibly be. I did see a lot of amazing improvement within my classmates and I really enjoyed Mckalla's (I don't know how to spell her name..) performance. Each piece was so different and beautiful from each other. In her beginning piece she was so specific and real it was breath taking. And her second piece was hilarious and her mannerisms were spot on! She is my favorite performer in our class and I really look up tp how hard she works and how truly talented she is. I really want to apply her specificity to my first piece so I can really make it real. And she has driven me to have a really nice last performance! I have loved this class and learned so much. Wow, I am glad I have this blogs to look at when I come back to SUU!
I felt like my second piece went better than the first. It is probably because it has been done more recently than the other, but it still wasn't the quality that I wanted it to be. I felt like my voice wasn't in a natural spot in the beginning and my actions looked pretty rehearsed. My focal point was also missing in the beginning because I was so stressed, ut, as I continued in my piece I found better comedic timing, I felt like my voice had dropped in a natural sounding area, and I just felt more comfortable which also made my performance better. I think that I just need to be relaxed and confident with my performance and then they can really shine.
I have learned from this that I need to make sure that I am prepared. I don't ever want to go into something not feeling like I have done all I could do to make it the best that it could possibly be. I did see a lot of amazing improvement within my classmates and I really enjoyed Mckalla's (I don't know how to spell her name..) performance. Each piece was so different and beautiful from each other. In her beginning piece she was so specific and real it was breath taking. And her second piece was hilarious and her mannerisms were spot on! She is my favorite performer in our class and I really look up tp how hard she works and how truly talented she is. I really want to apply her specificity to my first piece so I can really make it real. And she has driven me to have a really nice last performance! I have loved this class and learned so much. Wow, I am glad I have this blogs to look at when I come back to SUU!
Comments
Post a Comment